Compassionate care and communication are at the heart of excellent dementia care. Drawing on Re-Live’s work in the UK and Japan, this practical course is aimed at professionals caring for people with dementia in their own home, a shared home or hospital setting. This course also supports artists and volunteers working with people with dementia.
The training will:
- Explore the impact that compassionate communication can have for a person living with dementia
- Support trainees to become aware of their own communication style
- Demonstrate the positive impact good body language, personal space and volume levels can have on a person with dementia
- Develop trainees confidence in connecting with a person with dementia, including the use of non-verbal communication
- Encourage trainees to reflect on the situations they find challenging and explore how compassionate care and communication can help
Aimed at: Hospital staff, medical practitioners, care practitioners, artists, community workers, carers and volunteers
1 day course
Maximum number of trainees – 20
Re-Live can deliver this course in house or at our base at Chapter, Cardiff.