This 1-day training course is aimed at people who want to develop skills and techniques in connecting with a person living with dementia.
This training will:
· Explore the impact that compassionate communication can have for a person living with dementia
· Develop trainees’ confidence in connecting with a person with dementia, including the use of non-verbal communication
· Support trainees to become aware of their own communication style
· Demonstrate the positive impact good body language, personal space and volume levels can have on a person with dementia
· Encourage trainees to reflect on the situations they find challenging and explore how compassionate communication can help